Car Operations Clerk
About the Job
The successful candidate will be highly organized, motivated, and willing to learn the various aspects of this position. This is a Transportation Communication Union-represented position; compensation and benefits determined by the Current Working Agreement. The successful candidate will cooperatively interact with employees in all departments, BRC union and management employees, and external vendors and customers.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS and ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- State-Accredited High School Diploma or G.E.D. required
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Work with transportation department to manage & maintain accurate inventory of all BRC Yards.
- Assist Transportation Department, BRC crews and Industry Customers with the locations and histories of inbound/outbound car placement.
- Obtain and clear high wide/special handling cars when needed.
- Perform all tasks pertaining to the building/departure of outbound trains, including train lists, foreign warrants, foreign paperwork, etc.
- Manage Extra Board, calling book, including training; manage vacations, sick days & paid leave days.
- Operate PST Crew Management System.
- Other duties as assigned
Equal Employment Opportunity
Workforce diversity is an essential part of the Belt Railway’s commitment to quality and to the future. We encourage you to apply, whatever your race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or veteran status.